I'm moving to Chicago...

 Ok, I'm not really moving to Chicago, but I really want to! Ha! I seriously loved every second that I was there. And the really crazy thing is that I've never thought of myself as a city girl. Ever. I always felt more comfortable being in the suburbs, but when I was in Chicago, my sense of adventure came out like never before and I felt alive again for the first time in a very long time. It was such a good feeling to feel something in myself that I forgot existed. I think traveling does this for me - it draws out my adventurous side that I forgot was there. I want to be able to travel again - and connect with this side of me again. I'd also like to take my kids on adventures to places so they can also see what it is like to experience and explore other places. 

 One of my favorite things we did in Chicago was ride bikes along the lake-front and through parts of the city - so amazing! Just to see the views and take it all in was so inspiring and made me feel SO ALIVE! It's such a wonderful experience and I would love to be able to feel this way more often. 




My niece is so thoughtful and knows my LOVE for all things coffee-related, so she wanted to take me to the largest Starbucks in the world! THE WORLD!! It was pretty cool to see it and to go inside and walk around each level. To say I was in heaven is an understatement! The smell of coffee beans throughout all five levels and the smell of the decadent food and drinks was amazing. I could sit in that store all day, every day and never get tired of the smells.








 

One evening, we went down to Navy Pier and had dinner at a restaurant called Lirica 





We listened to live music and watched fireworks. It was such a great time and so much fun!



On Sunday Afternoon, we went to a Cubs vs. Pirates game. That was amazing too! I've always seen pictures of Wrigley field, but had never been. So to actually go somewhere, be there in person, was a dream come true!





After the game, we took the train to a restaurant, and then walked around Millenium Park. I saw The Bean, and some of the other structures in the park. 






We then walked over to the Chicago sign so I could take a picture of it and it just so happens there was a street fair going on, so we walked around that too. I bought the cutest navy blue hat that I plan to wear often this winter! Next, we walked over to the river so I could see where my niece used to work on the tourist boat (she hated that job! haha!). We then walked some more down Michigan avenue and found our way to Portillo's for their famous Chocolate Cake Shake! Y'all. So. DARN. GOOD! Worth every calorie! It tastes exactly like a piece of cake in a shake. I know that sounds so obvious, but I really had my doubts and thought it would taste just like all of the other chocolate shakes I've ever had. But nope! It tasted like a liquified piece of chocolate cake! Yum! 

After this, I was beat! This girl needed to go home and go to bed - so we took the train back to her house and I got ready for bed, and was out. But according to G, their neighbors that live above them had a party and their music was SO LOUD. I slept through it all though - LOL! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$56.00

Divorced for 2 months

I'm still going to Chicago!