Thoughts

 It has been a little over a year since my divorce. I still struggle, and somedays I wake up and forget I'm living what seems to be a nightmare. The nightmare is only because I miss my kids and I have financial worries. Currently, I make $48,000/year. That's all. I barely make ends meet each month. Today I filled my gas tank in my 2014 Honda Accord and it cost $75.00. $75!!!!! I went to the store and bought a few fresh fruit and vegetables - and I paid $40.00. The inflation is currently killing me and I don't know how I will make it much longer unless I get a significant raise. I hate these worries. I feel like they consume me and I have a difficult time being able to think or focus on anything else. 

Today I learned that my health insurance will cover 100% of my therapy if I do it via telehealth. This is great news! I also do not have a maximum on the number of sessions, so I can go weekly if I want. I'm so excited to learn this because previously I didn't think my insurance even covered mental health appointments. So, today I scheduled an appointment with someone who is local to me and has been a therapist for over 20 years. And I was able to get an intake appointment today! I'm excited because I can get started sooner than I thought, and I'm so ready to dig into a lot of things and begin my healing journey. I know I have a lot of hard work ahead, but I feel ready for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

$56.00

Divorced for 2 months

Welcome!